View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Backyard Waterfall

Nah, everything's cool, he just thought I worked on it or something. And you gotta admit, a lot of people come in here and say, "Oooooh there's a cool new horror film, I saw it and it kicks ass, here, click on this link," and it turns out they're some site-whoring wannabe director/producer/whatever. I've clicked on a couple of those links and discovered some real sausage turd "movies." There's a lot of lame product because now any geek with a camera thinks he's a direc-torr.

These Midnight guys are a little bit different. The zombie film they made is certainly cheap. They didn't have much more than some friends, some time, some equipment and some very simple effects, but the love for the genre is there. With no real money to speak of, they made something that I thought was pretty okay.

Films exist to make money, so I don't fault anyone for trying to make a buck off their film, but I do believe that for something to be the least bit entertaining, it's gotta have the love. If the love isn't there, then how can it scare?