View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 01:38 AM
Evil Dead

PLAYGIRL KILLER -AKA DECOY FOR TERROR- ( 1965). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Incredibly bad film which must be seen to be believed. Touted as the "First Color Horror film from Canada-indeed, the lovely Quebec outdoors reminds Me a lot of New Hampshire- , this could almost be a hybrid of A BUCKET OF BLOOD and COLOR ME BLOOD RED.
William Kerwin (AKA Thomas Wood in BLOOD FEAST and 2000 MANIACS) is an Artist (Bill) trying to capture on canvas a dream He had, but always one big problem...His models will not stay still , which sets Him off. Indeed, the first scene has him rowing out to a secluded spot and for whatever reason having a Spear Gun in his boat, which He makes use of.
The action shifts to Arlene (Jean Christopher), a rich Spoiled "Bad Girl"...we know She's bad because She skinny-dips later in the film, but before that flirts shamelessly with the Boyfriend of her Younger Sister (also her sister in real life), who, in his first and last role is Neal Sedaka! Neal warbles a tune and it's heavily implied Arlene pays a nocturnal visit to him before He leaves with Sis and not to discuss the weather. After everyone leaves, Bill literally stumbles next to Arlene's house while trying to blow town and is hired as a Handyman. Once Bill discovers there is a Big Walk In Freezer in the Basement, He gets an idea how to complete his artistic aspiration, But the Darn models .."They ALWAYS Move!"
I've probably devoted more space to PK than it deserves...it probably comes off as a sleaze fest, but very little blood and minuscule cheesecake. What is astounding is how Women are attracted to Bill; with his Bug Eyed Stare, Constant Perspiration, Endless smoking and an amazing wardrobe (which He wears for most of the film) of Socks/sandals and Flood Pants, He's truly no Cutie Pie! **