View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 08:41 PM
ventricle

Justice League (2017)
7/10

Much better than some of the reviews I heard. I thought it was fun. For the most part the action tends to have purpose, and they move it along. It has humor without lingering on it. The story and villain are very routine, but it's not insufferable. The pace is better than Thor-Ragnarok, where most the action was boring. I hate that they display Flash moving as just lighting... much prefer the red blur, like in the comics.

Cube (1997) -- on Netflix --
7/10

"Six complete strangers of widely varying personality characteristics are involuntarily placed in an endless maze containing deadly traps."

Actor Maurice Dean Wint, as Quintin/Police Officer, does such an excellent engrossing job that it really kick-starts the film. It's interesting and well paced. The story and characters run out of gas after the first hour though... either the characters, or the Cube setting, needed to become more complex for the 90 minute runtime. But being a little uncomfortable with the circumstances and characters seems rather fitting to the plot.

Last edited by Sculpt; 12-01-2017 at 08:42 PM.