View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 06:53 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Last month I submitted the article in a popular local English newspaper The Daily Star through a friend. The newspaper has many additional weekly supplementary & magazines, so we thought there it would get the chance to share with the local fans here. As I work 6 days a week so I couldn't manage the time to go by myself for the submission. So a very good friend of mine who works as a sub-editor in a local Bangla newspaper collect both the soft & hard copies of the article from me & gave that to a sub-editor of the Daily Star. And meantime I went for my vacation on abroad. After my return last night I asked my friend whatever the progress of publication. He told me that after some official discussions & meetings they came to this conclusion..."We have searched many reliable online sources but nowhere had we found any related writings or discussions regarding the matter. As nowhere in the world have celebrated this so called moment of turning Frankenstein 100 in Silver Screen, so it most probably not that much worthwhile to talk about. But the good thing is while we were looking for some related writings we realized & feel to go for a HORROR GENRE issue in sometime near future. There are lots of sites, forums & articles on the net where we see that actually people have a great deal of interest about the genre. So we already assign our own stuffs regarding forming a good issue of horror films around the globe."

If you would've added a few topless pictures of Frankenstein or found him falling out a club with a 'mystery blonde' at 2am I'm sure you would've had much more success. Unfortunatly there isn't much room for for anything beyond that in newspapers over here, particulaly The Daily Star.

Unlucky on not getting published, it probably would've been the only time I would've considered parting with money for a copy of the paper too. It has much more value than the usual sex scandal crap we get force fed over here, but unfortuantly thats all people seem to want and thats what The Daily Star give them.

Last edited by Straker; 04-18-2010 at 06:57 AM.