View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
1) Do you remember when you first watched it?
When I was very young. Probably a bit older than the kids attended by Laurie in the movie. Which was a really bad idea...

Quote:
2) Did you get any feedback (from friends or media) prior to watching it?
Not really. Horror movies were kind of hush hush back then. I would pick up on names like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th. They were all off limits to normal viewing. Kind of like Playboy or something of that nature. If you were able to somehow stay up late at night and watch a cut version, which was still scary to a young viewer, it was like finding treasure.

Quote:
3) How was the viewing experience? How did it affect you?
Very scary. So scary that I wish that I did not watch the movie. The pretty babysitter, small middle of America town that is unaffected by big city crime, cute girls joking around, and the playful holiday. All that is ruined by the coming of the unstoppable boogeyman. All you are left with at the end is the music and breathing which scared me to death. I'm pretty sure when that scene started I turned the TV off as fast as possible (no remote back then either) and hid under the sheets.

Quote:
4) How many times have you rewatched it? Memories? Does it still hold good even today for you?
Still the perfect horror film. I've watched it a ton of times. It never should have been remade. It's still scary but not as much. But that's normal. You get used to things the more times you watch or do something.

Quote:
5) Anything else you wish to share.
Anyone who hasn't watched this film should totally check it out.