View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
I posted about it in the Last Seen Movie thread. I agree whole heartedly. I explained it as Evil Dead II meets the modern-ness of Spider Man.

They did a lot of clever things with the sound too. I was so scared at some points, simply because the loud screeching of the iron gate made it impossible for me to think. What person seeing a horror movie for the first time doesn't try desperately to figure out what is going on, and where things are coming from? Well I was attempting to do that, and then that sound made it so hard to comprehend what was going to happen so I nearly had a panic attack, and was covering my ears like a little kid.

The audience reactions were a must too. I was in a theatre that was barely a quarter full (because, I assume, everyone was seeing UP) but you could still hear people squirming at some of the grosser things and laughing at a few of the better done one liners. I even heard some of the people dicsussing the significance of the movie, and the similarities to Evil Dead. It was such a good time. Fun is a word that has been overused when reviewing Drag Me To Hell, but it's the most appropriate word I can think of.