View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Banned

It was a pretty good story. You're pacing was well but I feel like it lacked substance. You did describe things as they were happening but I felt like giving us more of an idea of the surroundings such as details, whether they be big or small. That gives it atmosphere and a bit of a life of its own. it's something that takes practice. That's why so many people, including myself edit the absolute hell out of everything until they feel like everything from the pacing, character development, details of surroundings, like how did it smell, what was the tension like? How clean or messy is the area your character is in? It's the little details that all work together to create a believable atmosphere that people can Envision in their minds. You want to make everything as Vivid as possible for the reader. Another good tip is to start your story, whether it be the first paragraph or so in a short story or the first page or two in a full-length novel or novella, start off with something exciting or questionable or something that will hook the reader and make them want to turn the page rather than think to themselves this is going to be boring and put it down. And read my book because you will fucking love it. Think of it as you being the Snake Charmer and and your readers being the snake. Keep up the good work man. Do you know how to get into Taj Mahal? Practice!