View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 11:21 PM
Evil Dead

PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE (1959). PLAN 9 has been , Thanks to the Medved Brothers THE GOLDEN TURKEY AWARDS, dubbed "The Worst Film of All Time" . Is it bad? Absolutely! But the All Time Worst? Don't think so!
I had heard of this in various magazines like FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND and CASTLE OF FRANKENSTEIN, but not much info. Finally saw it on late night TV in the late 70's and was all but on the floor laughing at the amazing dialogue and the many technical gaffes. Seeing it some years later, paid more attention and despite the whole ludicrous situation, the message behind the film actually makes a lot of sense and I began to see there was more to it than met the eye.
Writer/Producer/Director Ed Wood is usually referenced in the same "Golden Turkey" categories and although His work was usually wanting, I feel He did the best He could with what He had to work with, which usually wasn't much. All of his films are technically "Not Good", but they are at least entertaining, unlike many films with large budgets/Stars that left Me cold, like WILD WILD WEST, ARMAGEDDON, TOP GUN etc. ***