View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 01:31 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I remember once I saw a movie and it had a clip from The Shining. I told a girl let's see that. And she said "that's a horror movie." As in no go. I'm sure if I told many people that I met that I liked Friday the 13th movies they would have thought I was crazy. And probably asked why do I like movies where people are just getting killed?
In bold are the exact words my dad asks me when I watch horror. Actually while I was watching Fri13th. (Except the first was more of a murder mystery when you realized what Mrs. Voorhees's motive is, so it's not entirely just a movie about people getting killed but I digress.) I asked my brother if he wanted to watch Poltergeist as he had seen a sequel but not the first, but he was too freaked out by the sequel to give the first a try.

Horror movies in general are not for everybody. If you were to label a group to them that would be best suited watching them, it wouldn't be 'woman' or 'man', it would be something like... 'bold', 'thrill seekers', 'creative types who need an outlet'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I think that many girls go to some movies just to tag along with their date. Most girls don't really like a comic or Star Wars type movie. Many guys don't but they go to see stuff blow up, because it's marketed to them, or they think they need to see it because everyone else is.
My sister and I (may come of a shock to you but I'm also female) grew up on Star Trek/Wars, Indiana Jones, Superman, Batman, etc. If someone gave me the option of watching the Notebook or gouging my eyes out with a spoon, I'd ask them if they had a grapefruit spoon to make my task easier. Just about every male I know is scared to death of spiders, and some of bats, when I myself have no problem with spiders and am actually very fond of bats (my girlfriend too).

Point being; it's a new century. Stereotypes don't apply anymore, so let's let them get old. What you think may be true for one group is most likely JUST as true for another, therefore how is it fair to associate the one but not the other? The movies you watched you watched because they interested you, where as I'm just as happy to watch something else like Wolfcop. So maybe those two movies that started this all are actually not 'for women' but for 'ImmortalSlasher'.

It'd be nice to see the childish trend of 'everyone else is doing it so I should to' get cut down in its tracks. Do what you want to do. Let people do what they want to do without fear of being judged for it.

(This probably seems long, unnecessarily rant filled, and off topic, but I implore you to consider how you use stereotypes. As in not using them. Movies are for everybody.)

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!