View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:21 AM
ventricle

I never saw the Wiig/McCarthy Take the Call movie either. I was always open to it, but none of my friends pulled the trigger and the reviews were not good. If it came on netflix, I'd probably see it.

I read Aykrold wrote a 1990 G3 script subtitled Hellbent, where the characters are sent to an alternate reality NY that is hellish and they meet the devil. But it fell through. The concept was used for Ghostbusters: The Video Game. Ramis is now deceased.

This 2020 G3 is written by Ivan Reitman's son Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan. Has my interest, but summer 2020 is a million years from now.

I was a bit disappointed with Ghostbusters 2, but it certainly had some good things in it. Peter MacNicol as Dr. Janosz Poha was very funny, through his own acting efforts; as I recall, and read, everything else was merely mildly amusing at best. There was little invention, just a bit of a rehash. Although it can work, the old bit of our loved characters being beatdown, the G-busters out of business, and Murray and Weaver being long broken up, Weaver trying to raise a baby alone... seems a dull, depressing place to start.