View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 02:36 AM
Evil Dead

SERIAL MOM (1994). Kathleen Turner is wonderful here as the loving supportive mother/wife/woman until someone pisses her off or commit a social faux pas and this is my favorite John Waters film. Funny as hell, with a few gross out factors.
Was living below Baltimore when this came out and lots of familiar sights, such as the old fashioned Giant Food (Grocery chain where I worked) Shredded Wheat Box, seeing 99.1 on the radio screen (also known as WHFS, a truly alternative rock station that didn't adhere to Broadcasting mores and You could hear the oddest stuff (A polka version of "Mary had a Little Lamb") or really deep cuts ("Live with Me" by The Rolling Stones) and filming in HAMMERJACKS, which was THE nightclub for rock fans. Saw Blue Oyster Cult and Ace Frehley/Peter Criss there myself.
Only thing I found sort of creepy is how Beverly (SERIAL MOM herself) becomes a celebrity with a fan club and media attention. TRhis came out a couple of months before the OJ Simpson case and it seems now if You commit a crime, You become a Media star. ****