View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 05:28 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealblues View Post
I watched Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) back on April 1st.

It was pretty much what I expected. I found it enjoyable but I'm not watching for storyline as much as I am the big guys going at it. On a writing level, I felt the whole hollow earth storyline was a bit over the top. I know Kong wouldn't have found his Axe and without it, but I would have been content with Millie Bobbie Brown storyline although with the addition of maybe a couple other characters spending more time trying to find out what was making Godzilla attack "humans". The Mechagodzilla storyline seemed rushed, but in the end, it is what it is.
Yep, I share your thoughts on this. I thought Kong wielding an ax, and having a chair/throne in the hollow earth (and I guess it was a 'Kong community'), was a bit over-the-top, something I wasn't really comfortable with... Even though the Godzilla films of the past do give the giant monsters more human-level intelligence from time to time, it's been inconsistent, where they seem to have human-level intelligence in one thing, but not for most other things.

The Meca-godzilla ending did seem a bit rushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
The Island 6/10

Good until it went full-on Michael Bay with non-stop action and noise.
I really liked the Island. I don't remember the action ending very well, but I do recall a chase scene, but it definitely didn't bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I'll just stick with Logans Run.
Once was enough with the Island.
Yeah, I never had the desire to watch The Island again, but wouldn't turn down watching it with someone else. It's similar to Logan, THX and many others, but being raised a clone for harvesting your organs was a new twist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Next 7/10

Such a weird ending for this kind of movie. It’s like a superhero flick where they stop the movie right before the last half hour of climactic ending. Probably ran out of money. The movie needed to be an hour longer.
Really liked Next too. I don't recall the ending. But I no doubt wished they had done so much more with the concept.

Last edited by Sculpt; 04-09-2021 at 04:43 PM.