View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 03:02 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
great cheesy movie.....pair it with this one and you have a party

Quite true...liked this one better than TI2HD and thought the vocal interplay between Ray and Rosey was quite humorous.

USED CARS (1980). May have reviewed this sometime over the past few years, but listened to the genuinely funny commentary (it seems Kurt Russell finds humor in just about anything). This had its thunder stolen by AIRPLANE released around the same time, but I find UC has held up better.
Jack Warden plays twin Brothers who own competing car lots and ultra nasty Roy L is not above highly questionable tactics to get his nicer, albeit less moneied, brothers lot. Kurt, in clashing leisure suits and non stop Motormouth, tries his best to stop him from doing so with help from a highly superstitious salesman, a fouled mouth violent mechanic and an adorable highly inventive dog, all the while unloading cars by hook or crook.
This is wild and crude throughout, but one that is incredibly funny and improves on future viewings. Some the scams the guys use to sell cars are hilariously inventive if not exactly ethical and there are two Car commercials that could only have thought up by lunatics...and I mean that in a good way.
Many years back started a little thing called "B-Movers" where a group would get together to watch movies that weren't quite so commercial and I showed this at Meeting #3. Went over quite well one buddy rocking back and forth, while I was sure another was going to hyperventilate as he was in literally gulping red faced hysterics. ****1/2