View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Ninja Pirate..Hiiiyamatey

Blood I appreciate everything you wrote about and sympathize with you wholeheartedly. The last board I was on where I had to mod had degenerated into exactly what you have going on here, but on a far worse scale (I may have missed alot of it here). There doesn't seem to be any way around it other than placing a charge on the service.

As a completely new person who has no sides in any issue and has made a point of staying out of it, I will point out that Blood has more of a point than many of you wish to believe. There are people here who have been very nice to me personally then I read the threads they have started or their posts and am absolutely amazed it could be the same person. I've watched people follow others from thread to thread harassing in an oh so nice manner. When someone who walks in off of the street and doesn't know any of the background or established personality conflicts can read a thread and realize that a post that says "I really respect that opinion" is meant to agitate a fight, people are not being as subtle as they like to think they are.

One of the prime weapons seems to be try to annoy people with polite responses interspersed with cursing, name calling, and basically acting like a kindergartner. After 10 posts of calling someone else an idiot in public, there's a gee I was drunk post then a bunch of following from thread to thread making complimentary remarks that are ignored followed by martyrdom. It's one of the reasons I was asking the age of people on here. I was literally stunned to find out that these are grown adults.

This site has some exceptionally knowledgeable people about all different kinds of horror. Most of them seem to be genuinely nice people on top of that. There are, of course, exceptions to both of them. I'm not posting this because I believe anyone cares what I think or that, frankly, it's any of my business. I'm just amused watching people swear that they are being targeted by people with old grudges and just being picked on no matter what they say when it's crystal clear, even to someone not in the know, that they are A. trying to stir trouble and B. they are just acting like a bit of an ass.

On the other side, there are people who just can't leave it alone. Someone posts something about a movie (completely on topic, not aggressive) and a poster will just have to make some remark about how stupid the other poster is known to be and how no one is going to take their opinion seriously anyway which just stirs it up worse than before. Completely ignoring them would make them go away faster.

It makes a lot more sense to just enjoy the site and your friends on here, quit making a big deal about why Betty Sue won't talk to you, and just do your own thing. Ignore Betty Sue. Trust me, you'll be a happier person for it. Just don't pretend that you really want Betty Sue to be your friend. You're just trying to provoke a response that will cover your errors so that when you get called on the carpet you can say "well, look what they said!". The same ploy is used by big brothers the world over. Ignore the ones that don't like you, embrace the ones that do, and remember that no one is bound by any kind of membership agreement to like you, speak to you, or even acknowledge that you suck air on this planet.

Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by AsylumSeeker; 03-28-2007 at 02:27 AM.