View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
yeah, sometimes i have to turn the sound low when i'm passing other cars ! hahahaah
LOL I know that feeling well :p

Its weird what one used to like :) A few of the mix tapes I made as a teenager are very dubious!

Quote:
Originally posted by knife_fight

Elvis Presley- Sunshine

Guitar Wolf- Jet Generation

TeenGenerate- Wild Wild Teengenerate

and various old country and garage mixes I have made in the past few months.
I've always really enjoyed the Sun Sessions stuff by Elvis. Teengenerate and Guitar Wolf are fucking awesome. I saw a Japanese music festival awhile ago on TV that had those guys alongside people like Sonic Youth, Nick Cave, Iggy Pop and a few others. I wish I had've taped it there were some mental acts. I was all set to see Guitar Wolf this year but their bass player unfourtunatley died so I think they've called it quits which bums me out cause I missed them the first time they played over here.
What sort of stuff is on your country mixes. I've been listening to a lot of Hank Williams latley and am looking for some more guys to get into. I had a bunch of great 60s garage compilations a while ago there's some awesome music out of that period I love stuff like The Sonics, The Wailers, Mouse and the Traps, Sam The Sham and The Pharohs, and Downliners Sect. Its definatley a period of music that slips under the radar.

I've been listening to these a lot so far this week:

BLUE CHEER - Vincebus Eruptum

Defintley a underated album. Easily one of my favorite albums of the 60s. These guys do some crazyily heavy noisey shit. They do Summertime Blues better than anyone.

WHITE ZOMBIE - La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1

I used to really dig this album as a teenager and have started sessioning it again. Great horror movie influenced rock n roll! Not really into what Rob Zombie went on to do music wise (loved his film tho and am looking foward to more) but this album is definatley a total fucking classic!