View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:58 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

bahaha - I need to keep that Youtube link.

So, do you think the interpretations are rubbish, or that the movie is rubbish?

I think that it might be a little unfair to shrug off the film in its entirety as "rubbish" - Though I can completely understand not enjoying it.

The fact of the matter is, after the film, I wasn't sure whether or not the journey to the end was "worth" it... Or even if the END was "worth" it.

Honestly, it's in this discussion thread that I'm really starting to "get" and appreciate this film more and more. I also think that more of this will manifest through repeat viewings... I just don't think that I'm "ready" to watch it over just yet.

Noroko's Dinner Table however, is pretty much next on my movie watch list. Really excited to view it and to add to the discussion.
I was calling the film rubbish, not the interpretations.

I didn't really detest the film, but felt that even after having the full meaning of the film explained and viewing it a third time that it still ultimately didn't work.

I always enjoy it when a filmmaker tries to do something different, but I won't automatically love it just because it's different. As I said, there were some striking scenes in the film and I really tried to like it, but just couldn't.

P.S. My daughter LOVES that movie. Genesis is definitely her type.