View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 08:33 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
Great stuff here. It has been a spell since i have seen Suicide Club, but from what i can remember, my take on it was that there was a youthful awakening of the masses of the actualities of a culture gone astray, where things and doings have overtaken the notion of living and being truthful with humanity. Suicide was almost a choice that was driven by the notion of regaining one's life through a choice not made by one's culture or civilization. The social nature of man was given to joining those of the same philosophies, those that chose a grotesque truth over an inculcated contentedness, and in doing so they spoke with their actions instead of mere words. Late.
g
Indeed. According to Sono, suicide is the strongest statement the teens can make in their society today, to mark their presence in some subverted macabre way.

As regards the pop star point, I d say Rolly's image is closest to Kurt Cobain, both on-screen and in real life.