View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 02:42 AM
Immortal horror fan

Don't Knock Twice -

I thought this was going to be good. I think I saw a trailer or just a poster some time ago. Perhaps I thought since Katee Sackhoff is in it, it would be good. But she's 0 for 2 for me with horror movies now. Maybe 0 for 3 with that Halloween movie but I haven't seen that yet. Don't Knock Twice starts off ok too. But then goes to some crazy places. And without spoiling it, the movie is a tease. It is like it knows it's a bad movie so it plays with obvious misdirection in the hopes that you will forget. A better movie wouldn't do something like that. It wouldn't continually show something to try to make you forget something else so that when the reveal happens at the end it's a surprise and shock. In Don't Knock Twice, I didn't care that much because of that poor attempt at misdirection and the stupid ending. It's a shame too because the setup and a few of the locations are good horror settings. And about 1/4 to close to halfway in, I was thinking this is going to be a movie I'll own. But nope.

Autopsy of Jane Doe -

I heard the name of this movie before but I guess I didn't think it would be a horror movie or at least a good horror movie. But I think someone here recommended it so I checked it out. And it's a good one. Like many good movies it's best to see this one blank and let the mystery unfold. It's an unsettling movie because the whole thing is set in the basement morgue of this cozy old country house. And even though we've seen autopsies in movies before, I don't think we've seen whole movies around autopsies. The only one I can remember right now is the doctor movie with Lola from Run Lola Run. She's cool and I might try and find that one again as I barely remember it. But if you haven't seen The Autopsy of Jane Doe check it out and don't spoil it for yourself. The movie is short and the reveal will be surprising. At least it was for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I mean heck, they could have even made this not the real superman.
They don't have the guts to do that in a multi million dollar movie. I think they did do that with the recent Superman and some of the DC characters though. Of course it probably wasn't planned, even though they will say it was, but that whole New 52 thing didn't go as well as they wanted it to.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 11-24-2017 at 03:13 AM.