View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 11:32 PM
Immortal horror fan

Channel Zero Dream Door - Episodes 1 - 4

I started up the new season of Channel Zero called Dream Door. I've been watching a few episodes per night. So far it's the best season of Channel Zero. Usually the seasons kind of lose interest for me after the second or third episodes. I was waiting for that to happen with this season. But it keeps up the tension. The villain is really creepy and has a bunch of scary scenes. The premise is that a door somehow shows up in a couple's home. What happens breaks what I call the Eddie Murphy black person horror rule. It was responsible for the recent Get Out movie title. Dream Door also has a white guy doing something completely crazy in the first episode. I would post an image but it would spoil the surprise that's just hilarious.

But I like the characters and the situation of the show. The actors do a good job too. There is the guy who played a cop in the previous season as the husband in Dream Door. Also a new actress that I've never seen before plays the wife and the main character. Apparently she's going to be in a new Swamp Thing show as well. So I'll look forward to seeing her in that. She has a nice voice and you care about the predicament she finds herself in. Also Barbara Crampton shows up along with the bad guy from the second season of Helix. He always turns in a good performance.

The person in charge of picking out the locations can really find some nice houses. I love the different home designs and interiors. I did a quick search to attempt to find the locations but wiki and imdb doesn't have it listed yet. I assume somewhere in Canada though since all of the previous seasons were filmed in Manitoba. I saved a few images. I want to find the poster in the main character's entryway for myself.

I found a post on another forum that linked the inspiration story for this season. I'll read it after I finish watching episodes 5 and 6.

http://fifteenhours-creepystories.tu...den-door-in-my

I'll post a final review of those last two episodes. I hope the show doesn't let up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg channelzero_gallery_207recap_10.jpg (19.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 10-29-2018 at 11:34 PM.