View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Well, I think we all know its about money, and like Wensday13's previous point, no one makes a film, invests their money and/or time in it hoping that it fails miserably and is a complete loss. They want an audience. Its a business after all, and if no one likes the product, if everyone refuses to see it, then its a loss.

But I do think there have been times when it wasn't completely about that, when filmmakers wanted to make money, of course, but also put a little love and respect into their work. And that still happens, it just seems a lot more rare. I think very few filmmakers fight to make the movies they want to make anymore, and even when they do, they are pretty restricted unless they can figure ways to finance it all themselves.

MisterSadistro is absolutely right, they don't have to put much thought, effort or as much money into a remake, and they are almost always guaranteed to make money. They are comfortable, they know people will pay to see them, out of curiosity, or because they are just desperate for new horror, and will see any horror film hitting a local theater, remake or not, or they know nothing about the original films and don't care to know. And when you have a genuine love for movies, that can be frustrating.

Honestly, I give just about every movie a chance, even remakes, I will see them. And like I said, the occasional remake I wouldn't have a problem with if it was done the right way, but the sheer amount of remakes hitting the theaters is way past ridiculous. And I am not going to pay 7 dollars a ticket to see a remakes of films that was done the RIGHT way the first time. Unfortunately, most people don't feel the same way, so we are going to see more and more of them. Obviously, people do like remakes. I even know people that preferred the remake of Psycho to the original.....and I will just leave you with that disturbing thought.

Last edited by jenna26; 06-13-2007 at 10:45 AM.