View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 03:25 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Hey Sculpt, I saw ROOM 237 also. Back in my younger more carefree days, drank lots of beer and smoked quite a bit of weed, courtesy of an older room mate. However, I cannot begin to imagine all the chemical substances those people in this film ingested before watching and how they imagined all that. THE SHINING isn't perfect, but I still enjoy it.
I hear ya! I was never a big drinker, but I had many meaningful times with da smoke.

I'm kinda guessing here... do you mean the writer of the documentary must have been on drugs to come up with all that material on The Shining?

Well, I can't deny theories tend to be enhanced that way, but we can't dismiss any of the factual things he presented -- such as what's presented in the youtube video I posted: what the visuals are in the bigwheel scene. I think you'd have to be stone cold sober to notice those things.

Speculating on what things mean, that's where things can get, well, speculative, real fast.

The NASA material in the film is really flaunted in one's face. The (base/original) story hardly has anything to do with NASA/Apollo (seems to me). Seems to beg one to find a connection. Pointing to something outside the story of the film is a very bold insinuation, but he certainly documents a case for it. Interesting stuff.