View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 12:25 AM
Evil Dead

BLOOD MOON (1934). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A young girl, whose parents were killed during a voodoo ritual on an island (a different name, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Haiti) returns in adulthood with her daughter and nanny to live with an uncle who is a long time resident there. The woman's husband and his secretary (who is secretly in love with him) travel to the island and find the wife heavily involved in voodoo rituals. Bad things happen to people who try to limit the wife's commitment including actions that veer into another realm entirely.

If You think this sounds A LOT like I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE (made 8 years later) than You wouldn't be half wrong. Still, not a bad way to spend a hour plus and I always like watching Fay Wray (KING KONG); this was her last film in the "horror" genre and VM was released a couple of weeks before "The Code" was implemented, meaning a lot of the more sordid aspects in movies would be seriously toned down or deleted. With what looks like a low budget, director Roy William Neill (the Universal Sherlock Holmes series, THE BLACK ROOM and FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN) does a decent job. **1/2