View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 07:18 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to White Rabbit
The first thing to making believable gore in low-budget films is to love making the gore...anyway, I get a kick out of it. I find it helpful to like what you're doing. From your vague comment, all I can really say is to go to your local party store and browse through leftover Halloween items. "Flesh Latex" and the various Woochie appliances can be used. But I find myself drenching them in fake blood and latex to cover up the seams. A makeup kit is also handy. Woochie makes a couple nice gorey kits that include some appliances, flesh latex, fake blood, stacks of makeup, a wedge, and a stipple sponge. I find the stipple sponges add some pretty convincing burn marks or "skinned" effects. If you are planning to spend money on this fake stuff, make sure its woochie. Its about the closest you're going to get to "good."
Also, if you'd like to make real splattery low budget blood, use chocolate milk and mix in red and blue food coloring. Its great for drooling out of peoples mouths and spraying out of people's mouths.

Here's an example of using a woochie appliance, by yours truley. Sorry for the crappy pic: