View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 06:33 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Saw this also, Sculpt and while it was worth a look, wondering WHAT those people (who we never see) were smoking to form;late those ideas, especially where Jack meets Mr Ullman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I think some of those theories were kind of silly. Stanley Kubrick himself once laughed at all the conspiracy theorist in an interview because they were claiming that his movie was about the genocide of the Native Americans which he said wasn't true (and if you pay attention to this documentary you'll notice it really doesn't have anything to do with the people who made this movie).
No doubt... some of the theories are on shaky ground... and some make a lot of sense.

But the real joy of the film is simply displaying so many oddities you may have missed. For instance, when the kid drives the bigwheel around the halls, never going into an elevator or stairwell, and yet it changes levels. And objects in the rooms, things that move or disappear. I missed so many things... things that affected my subconscious impression of a scene, but not my conscious understanding. Room 237 will certainly sharpen what you can observe in a film.

Last edited by Sculpt; 05-16-2018 at 06:35 PM.