View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Part 10

Opening credits roll. Fade to a shot of the outside of the theater. A small line on people are queuing outside, handing their tickets to a young spotty teen working at the booth. Most of them are quite young. As they walk in, a boy with a long fringe looks across to the girl he's with.

Boy: Mum and Dad refused to come. Said it was too soon.

Girl: Why should we give a fuck? I weren't born.

Boy: Did I tell you? My mum went to school with a girl who's granddad was killed. Apparently he tried to climb out a window from a pipe organ!

The girl gives out a short and cold "HA!" and the two of them enter. Fade to a shot of the backstage room. Fortunato walks hurriedly in the direction of the small room where The Return had been. Papillon Noir walks into his way and looks up at him. Her eyes are emotionless, and when she speaks, her voice matches.

Papillon Noir: We aren't to go in there whilst he works.

Fortunato: I'm going to ask what the hell we're gonna do about the parts of the murderers.

Papillon Noir: But we can't go in there.

Fortunato: I know he said that, but this is important!

Papillon Noir: Not as important as his work.

Fortunato: What? Shove off.

He tries to push past her, but she grabs his arm. He tries to pull it away but her grip is hard. He looks her up and down for a moment.

Fortunato: Okay...I see what this is. Trying to shut me out. Fine. Okay. But let's see who's laughing when the reviews come out!

He walks back to where he came from, brushing his hair out of his eyes. She turns sits down, legs crossed, staring blankly into space. Cut to The Return in his small room. He is sitting in front of a large mirror. He has a small kettle next to him. He pours some water into a metal bowl beneath the mirror and it steams up. He speaks quietly, under his breath.

The Return: You agree to what we have decided?

A large Y is drawn in the condensation.

The Return: And you understand...I will have full control over you.

The Y is underlined once.

The Return: And you will leave me alone...forever?

The Y is underlined once more.

The Return: Okay...full embodiment will commence in roughly fifteen minutes...you must concentrate.

Nothing happens to the condensation.

The Return: If all goes to plan, you should be able to hear my instructions clearly.

A small smiley face appears in the condensation, which has nearly all faded.

The Return: Good, good.

He nods slightly, then pulls his notebook out of his pocket. He says something in a strange language. Cut to a shot of the outside of the door. He opens it, and the inside of the room can be seen, which has returned to it's plain self. As he walks, he spots Papillon Noir.

The Return: Oh, right.

He flicks through the notebook.

The Return: Cursia Tuno Rem.

He doesn't take a second look at her as she suddenly snaps back to sense, and instead carries on walking. Fade to a shot of Chronogrl's camper van pulling into a back alley car park. Her, Massacre Man and Scouse Mac all get out. Scouse Mac leads them over to a garage with a murky green doored garage. He opens the door, and Chronogrl and Massacre Man both hold their noses.

Massacre Man: Jesus! What do you keep in here?

Scouse Mac: Certain things are necessary for my line of work.

Massacre Man: It smells like dead people?

Scouse Mac looks at him without blinking. Massacre Man's jaw drops.

Massacre Man: NO!

Scouse doesn't answer him, he instead beckon Chronogrl over. The room itself is larger than the average garage, being long enough to fit two medium sized cars in. The walls are very worn, eithe rlarge cracks and holes in them. The furthest wall looks like somebody tried to paint it white, but gave up halfway through. Around the edges are loads of non matching kitchen counters with draws, cupboards and worktops. Hanging from the walls are various weapons including knives, crossbows, axes and a few crossbows as well as one long katana. As well as that is a small fridge and a very old bookcase filled to the brim with old leather bound books. In one small corner is a mattress with several holes in it and a small flea bitten sheet on top.

Scouse Mac: You, over there. You...

He looks at Massacre Man.

Scouse Mac: Take this.

He throws him an old Nokia mobile phone.

Scouse Mac: Look through the contacts for Mona. Mona Lisa. Tell her you're with Mac at the garage. Tell her it's a level 3 bite.

Massacre Man starts looking through the phone. Chronogrl stands nervously next to one of the counters. She looks very pale now, her eyes are beginning to go bloodshot. The blackness of the bite mark is fading to a dirty grey colour. Scouse Mac walks to one of the draws and rummages around for a pair of old glasses. He puts them on and looks at the wound.

Scouse Mac: Hmmmm.

Chronogrl: It's fading...that means it's getting better, right?

Scouse Mac: I wish...Keep quiet. I need to concentrate.

He inspects it for a further ten seconds or so, then rushes to one of the fridges. He gets out a carton of milk and tears the top open, pouring it into a chipped mug. He fills it about half full, then puts the milk back. He then takes a chunk of meat out of the fridge that has been wrapped up in cling film. As he unwraps it, Chronogrl shrieks for a moment.

Chronogrl: What's that?

Scouse Mac looks at it for a second.

Scouse Mac: What does it look like? It's a foot.

He bangs it down on a table, then takes a rusty meat cleaver from a drawer. Massacre Man has finished on the phone now and looks up just as Scouse Mac cuts off the big toe of the foot. He quickly holds it over the glass of milk and squeezes, dripping blood into it. The milk turns pink.

Massacre Man: What the fuck is that for?

Scouse Mac: It's like a jab. Get a small dose of a disease to build up an immunity. You wouldn't understand. Just...

He makes a shushing sound, then throws the toe down into the corner of the floor. From one of the cupboards, he takes out a plastic pot of something. When he opens it it is revealed to be chopped up pieces of onion. He puts a handful into the mug. Chronogrl gags slightly.

Massacre Man: She isn't going to have to -

Scouse Mac holds up a finger to silence him, and carries on bustling about. He takes a large bag of sugar which was on one of the counters and pours a large amount into the mug. Then, finally, he walks over to her and pulls one of her hairs out. She holds her head and glares at him.

Scouse Mac: The book says there must be an element of surprise in the cup. Well, I guarantee you didn't know I'd do that!

He laughs a dead laugh, no emotion left in it. He takes a small teaspoon and begins stirring up the drink. He takes it over to Chronogrl and Massacre Man. They look in. The mixture is a lumpy, thick pink liquid. Chronogrl gags again. Scouse Mac dips his finger into it, then holds out his other hand to take hers. He begins rubbing the wound with the liquid.

Chronogrl: Oh thank God! I thought I'd have to-

Scouse Mac holds the mug in front of her face.

Scouse Mac: You do.

Chronogrl: Oh you have to be kidding me! Please...

Scouse Mac: Trust me. I know what I'm doing. She looks at the drink, then at her wound. She frowns in thought, then takes the mug.

Massacre Man: Bottoms up...

Chronogrl holds her nose then takes a gulp of the drink. As it sits in her mouth for a moment, she gags again, this time it is followed by vomit. The mixture of vomit and the concoction slaps onto the floor.

Scouse Mac: No, no! You have to down it straight away. You have to get as much in you as possible.

She looks at the mug again, then puts her head back and drinks. The sound made as she slops down the thick liquid are like a horse with water. She finishes the last gulp and slams the mug down onto the counter, gasps and coughs a lot. He eyes are red and watering.

Massacre Man: Why did you put it on the bite if you were just gonna make her drink it? Kicks?

Scouse Mac: Don't be such an arrogant fool. I'm just doing what the book says.

Massacre Man: What book?!

Scouse Mac walks to the bookshelf and pulls out one of the newer books.

Scouse Mac: Infections of Paranormal Kind. Written by Rod Eric Usher.

Chronogrl: Paranormal kind?

Scouse Mac: There's a lot you need to know...things are happening in this town. They have been for years, but lately...it's been unusually strange and it looks like tonight, well, to put it in simple terms so he...

He gestures towards Massacre Man.

Scouse Mac: Can understand. The shits gonna hit the fan.

Ending credits roll.

The Ferrets like it...