View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 05:37 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
The point I was trying to make is that she's on the same team with THOR (demi-God), HULK (most powerful Marvel creature ever in the Marvel-verse), CAPTAIN AMERICA (the "original" super hero), and IRONMAN (all-powerful kickass flying suit).

From someone who doesn't read the comics I'm thinking, "Ok, what makes her so special? Why does she get to be an Avenger with those guys?" By "underutilized" I really meant "I didn't see a whole lot of proof of her strength, so I'm not sure why she was there"... Then again, I think she was a bit more badass than Hawkeye.
Ok that makes sense. They way i looked at it though, i didnt see her as a part of The Avengers. I saw The Avengers as Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor and Hawkeye and Black Widow where just members of shield who were there along for the fight like Maria Hill. That's why i thought it worked the way they were used, just secondary characters/superheroes that helped out like Bucky Barnes in Captain America, Rhodes/War Machine in Iron Man, Thor's human friends in Thor and many other supporting characters that appear in superhero movies. They don't take center stage but they do play a part. Could they have been taken out of the movie without much consequence? Sure but there was a few small significant things that they did so i was fine with it. I can understand your points though.