Thread: Miracle Workers
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 09:55 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
According to the logic of the show, despite all the world wars, poverty and all the other bad things, God is going to destroy Earth the two people don't kiss each other. Seems legit. I know I'm just nitpicking but Jesus man.... I have a feeling continuing reruns of friends, American Dad, Family Guy and the Big Bang Theory will probably get more views than this but for Steve Buscemi's sake I hope it does do well because like I said, I like him but this just seems a tad bit on the stupid side.

With that said, other than that 70s Show I never really was a big fan of sitcoms but I've actually been getting into the Big Bang Theory lately
At least it's something different. Now that there isn't just 3 or 4 big TV networks, and the world viewer market is larger, there can be more specialized shows. There were always audiences for Little House on the Prairie, Waltons, Touched by an Angel, God Friended Me, even Supernatural, whatever. I don't know the tone of this show, but it's probably fairly mainstream. When there's a saturation of deadly young adult action agents and dark dramas, talent/singing shows, and sitcoms, this kind of show might be refreshing to folk. If it's done well, has a good chance of success.

I heard Big Bang was pretty good. I've seen a few, thought it was OK. Depending on what you have access to, I could recommend some past sitcoms that were really good, and different than Family Guy; such as Cheers, Taxi, Family Ties.