Thread: Hitchcock
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to surfnazi
All this talk of remakes make me feel sad. The Psycho remake was terrible, which really surprised the hell out of me considering they had such a brilliant director helming it in Gus Van Sant(Good Will Hunting, Drugstore Cowboy). But I think that its pretty biased to assume that every remake thats going to be coming out is going to be godawful. I mean there have been many fantastic remakes, some that even surpassed the originals (The Thing, The Fly)! I can definately see that with the right writer and a good director a Hitchcock remake could be done well. It would have to be one of his less famous(but still astounding) films such as Rear Window or Vertigo, but I believe it can be done.

However I don't think any remake could ever surpass Hitchcock's work, as he is THE greatest horror filmmaker of the 20th century, aside from George A. Romero(in my opinion).

I've seen Psycho, I've seen Vertigo, I've seen Rear Window, I've seen The Birds, and even The Man Who Knew Too Much, what other Hitchcock films would you guys reccommend? I'm looking for something more along the lines of his best horror work like Psycho and The Birds, any suggestions?

No one can describe rock and roll --, well maybe Pete Townshend but thats cool.