View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:52 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandarian Demon View Post
Like most little/young girls, I had quite a few "celebrity crushes" growing up, and sometimes they played a part in the interests I developed.

Although I am mostly a Metalhead, I am the biggest Boy George fan you'll ever meet, and I have been since I was 8 years old (and he was my very first crush too). His music and his words have helped me through a lot of struggles in my life, and I can honestly say that I wouldn't be here now without his influence on my life.

And, although I guess this is kind of horror related, I was obsessed with the sci-fi series "V" as a kid, which was actually what turned me into a Robert Englund fan.

What else... Star Trek... I LOVED Star Trek! And Blackadder... I LOVED that show. I still do, actually, I have the box set. Oh, and I almost forgot... Indiana Jones! All in all, thinking back, the 80s was such a cool time to grow up in. I only wish I had been just a little bit older.
Boy George does have a talent of putting genuine emotion into his singing. I was really impressed by V-miniseries too (and I remember Englund in it, the part with the liquid nitrogen and broken-off hand). I always felt very at home watching Star Trek & Next Gen.

Besides Boy George, who were the celebrity crushes, and what interests did they inspire?