View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Little Boo

Rob zombie's psycho

Rob Zombie is one of the best filmmakers out there, and no one else today (besides maybe eli roth) can truely tap into people's fears like Rob Zombie can. The Rob Zombie world is a scary fucking place, from the sadistic crimes of the devil rejects to the dark and horrifying mind of Michael Myers, Rob Zombie's movies always scare the shit out of people and they always rock.

I read somewhere that Rob Zombie is considering remaking The Blob. Screw that. I think he should remake Psycho! The original is a classic, and the 90's remake sucked. Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates...Really? Vince Vaughn is funny, but not scary. Anthony Perkins wasn't scary either, but he was alot creepier than Vince Vaughn. I've never read the book, but I've heard the book is alot darker than Alfred Hitchcock's film. In the book, Bates is more like Ed Gein. Rob Zombie could do to Psycho what he did to Halloween. Zombie's Halloween was alot darker, and he made Michael Myers scary again. He could do the same with Norman Bates. Zombie's pyscho could be based more on the book.

The original wasn't overly bloody...alittle bit of blood in the bath tub where Norman Bates (dressed as his dead mother) stabs the hot girl taking a shower. But the shower scene in Rob Zombie's remake would be extremely bloody. Just picture the scene from Devils Rejects where Otis leaves the people in the bath tub as he said "for the maid to clean up". Bill Moseley as Norman Bates? Bill Moseley plays a good wacko! I think he could be Norman Bates. Ed Gein mixed with Otis Driftwood, and you have Rob Zombie's Norman Bates.

I would like see Rob Zombie's Psycho. Not a remake, but a reimagining. That would be awesome in my opinion.

What do you think about Rob Zombie's Psycho? Thumbs up or thumbs down. Should Rob Zombie scrap The Blob remake, and remake Psycho?

Last edited by jenkins; 08-08-2011 at 09:52 PM.