View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 01:13 AM
basementdwellingnay-sayer

I really miss the drive-in and those hole in the wall small theatres with double features back in the late 80s.

As far as slashers go- Black Christmas, Friday the 13th 1-4, Halloween 1,2, 4, 5, 6 and the 2 Rob Zombie Halloweens, Sleepaway Camp, The Burning, Inside 2007 the original, Them the original French movie, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1, 2 and the remakes from the 2000s, Dario Argento giallo like Deep Red, the Prowler, Maniac, NOES 1,3,4, Freddys Dead, Cape Fear (with Deniro), Fear, etc. Some are serious movies, others are cheesy.

Some other classics Phantasm, Omen, Exorcist, Evil Dead, Videodrome, Scanners, Alien, Return of the Living Dead 2 and 3, Trilogy of Terror, Black Sabbath, Amityville 1 and 2, In the Mouth of Madness, Lord of Illusions, Hills Have Eyes original, the Hitcher, The Beyond, Creepshow 1 and 2, Shocker, People Under the Stairs, TFTC series, Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, Tales From the Dark Side, etc.

New stuff, the Saw series, Hostel, Charlies Family, House of the Devil, Babysitter Wanted, It Follows, Frailty, Horsehead, the Editor, the Void, the Love Witch, Hereditary, 30 Days of Night, Masters of Horror series. etc

To me by far the best new Slasher was inside (A L'interieur).
I do enjoy really old school stuff like king Kong and Godzilla too.

These lists are just off the top of my head.