View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 04:44 PM
That fucking Guy...

Never really done the online gambling thing...though I've heard of a few people that have done fairly well.
I'm apprehensive...all I'll usually do is, if I'm say waiting for a meal at a pub/club or some such, myself of the wife might throw $5-10 in a poker machine then ride that 'til win or loss.

I've been playing bits and pieces of Mario Odyssey, but mainly observing.
I have to say...since Mario 64, I don't really think many of the 3d mario games (sunshine, galaxy, odyssey) have really been as good...sure, they look better, but there's always been this gimmickry that isn't really needed in my mind...like your spray gun, spherical "worlds", the hat thing), for me, it just takes the games further away from what in my mind, Mario 64 perfected.
I don't count Luigis mansion...because I thought that was actually quite a competent standalone game that had a tenuous connection at most.

Also been playing the "new super mario bros U" re-release on the switch.
A lot more fun.
That's one thing I like about Nintendo, aside from their penchant for gimmickry...they seem to appreciate that they have a new audience, and an old one...and their mascot Mario has always played into that - as long as there has been 3d Mario games, there's always been one 2d game or another.
This one's fun. Difficult. Infuriating, but fun.
My girl is learning her platforming basics on this game.

Right now I'm thinking I'll try "For Honour".

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 04-30-2019 at 04:46 PM.