View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I don't think anyone is proud a civil war happened. They may be proud to have family members who 'preserved the union' or 'defended their homeland'. The other options were 'stay with my family', 'desertion' and 'conscientious objector'. I think it's more honoring sacrifices made, and remembering history, which is helpful in preventing history from repeating itself.
I see it very differently. I see one side that wants to believe they were doing the right thing (The North), and I see another side that refuses to accept the fact that they lost miserably (The South).

I agree that it is important to study history so that we don't repeat it, but I also feel like obsessing over history and refusing to let go of the past can be very bad too. In fact that sort of thinking can probably cause history to repeat itself too when you think about it...

Anyways this really is getting way off topic and I apologize for that.

Back to movies on cable. The thing I hate the most about watching any kind of movie on cable is the amount of content they cut out. They don't just censor movies anymore, they cut out as many scenes as they possibly can just so that they have room to put in all those commercials that nobody cares about. Sometimes there will be huge chunks of important scenes missing out of movies so basically that makes the movie not even worth watching.