View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 09:38 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
JONNY QUEST:THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON-All the episodes I remember watching as a little FD!
Nice!!! loved Jonny Quest cartoons! The opening (1964) (intro music with the clips) is really a masterpiece.

So how are the eps hitting ya as an adult? I usually find "you can never go back" to the enjoyment you had as a kid seeing something, but sometimes gain a new appreciation.

I was just looking a some Amazon reviews... with at least "Jonny Quest - The Complete First Season" Golden Collection, not sure what company produced and is selling this, but reviewers are writing:

"I'm so tired of all this "PC" crap! The "Pursuit of the Po Ho" has some of the dialog removed, The lines "ignorant savages" and "heathen monkeys". In the episode of "Monsters in the Monastary" the line "Uh-oh. Here comes the Oriental Express" is deleted. All you see is Jonny's mouth move. "

"I once bought the set of DVDs and was horrified at all the edits. Apparently the studio brass decided to "scrub them clean" of anything politically incorrect for the packaged sets sold in bookstores with expensive coffee."

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-05-2021 at 09:53 AM.