View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 03:56 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE PEOPLE VS GEORGE LUCAS (2009). Pretty good film involving a group of Star Wars fanatics (almost all of them for Episodes 4-6) and their sense of outrage over the prequels and Lucas's endless dithering about. Some good amateur films in here. ***
Enjoyed that one too. Fun subject matter. I prefer the Eps 4-6, but I always thought the outrage on the first three eps were humorous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
LIVING AMONG US 2018

A modern family of vampires invite a news crew to live with them to show how peaceful they have become.
I could tell what they were going for but found it fell flat. Pass.
The film could a touchy subject if vamps were supposed to represent an actual group of people. You get any sense of that?

Batman Forever (1995) (Netflix)
4/10

"Batman must battle former district attorney Harvey Dent, who is now Two-Face and Edward Nygma, The Riddler with help from an amorous psychologist and a young circus acrobat who becomes his sidekick, Robin."

Really disliked the extreme, almost parodied, characters of the film series past the original Batman (1987) (which I didn't think had fakey characters, except for some Joker's gang moments). I thought the script, characterizations and direction were far too simple minded, which crippled the suspense and thickening of the plot. Joel Schumacher directed, and Mr/Mrs Blatchler wrote the story and script, whereas the fist two Batman films were written by Sam Hamm (but not Batman's original film treatise), with Batman Returns screenplay done by Daniel Waters.

I would have thought Val Kilmer would be a good Batman, but he certainly did not carry a dark confidence. I don't know if that wasn't Val's decision, but what happened during the screen test? For what it's worth, I thought Jim Carey did a good job with the Riddler; and the film would have been better without the redundant Two-face performance of Tommy Lee Jones.

I was already not liking the extremely bizarre characterizations and pseudo-reality in Batman Returns, but was held in by the fantastical Tim Burton Team cinematography and direction. So I was out when the next films went further that direction.

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-18-2018 at 04:45 PM.