View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 10:14 AM
For Vendetta

HDC Looks Back...

I have been reading up some online articles from people remembering fondly about their favorite films from the past, and how those made them nostalgic.

Example - http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/9571...ing_story.html

And I thought of this idea.

Since these forums were first made (back in 2003 I reckon), we have had countless members tell us about their favorite horror films.

Top 10 lists followed, then came the Top 100 Stickys, "Recommends" threads, etc.

We have had dozens of lists and similar stuff, but we never had a particular thread in which members remembered back to their favorite horror films and why they liked them, specially when they watched them for the very first time (either at home on VHS, LD, DVD, or at theaters and drive-ins).

The idea is simple. Someone names a popular horror film from yesteryears, and others will reminiscence of the very first time they watched it, and the feeling/thoughts/memories it left with them, cultural impact in their prime, and why they feel that it is still a favorite, or not, and their likes/dislikes for the same.