View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 03:08 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
I ruin everything.

It wasn't a very difficult choice for me. I probably shouldn't say this to a guy with your avatar, but I consider Hellraiser a good movie, not a great movie. The same for Evil Dead 2, although I do enjoy that one a hell of a lot.
Now, I do love Opera, Monster Squad, Near Dark and The Lost Boys, but they don't resonate with me the way some of those titles from 77 do. Suspiria, The Hills Have Eyes, Rabid, Kingdom Of The Spiders, Hausu,..all among the most rewatchable films of their era.
I know what you mean, but those 77' films weren't really accessible to me when they came out (except Kingdom Of The Spiders, which surely caught my imagination). It's more of a resonate issue, but seeing a film when it comes out sure increases the chance of resonance.

I guess one could say a films ability to resonate with people years later is one fair measure of all-time greatness. In that regard, Hills, Susperia, Sentinel and Rabid didn't really resonate with me (though I really enjoyed Susperia), but Eraserhead and Kingdom Spiders did.

I can't say many 87' films resonated with me either. And I don't really put prestige in rewatchability. I just think 87 has a nice spread of styles and quality horror films like ED2, Predator, Angel Heart, Monster Squad, The Gate, Opera, Hidden, Lost Boys, Bad Taste,
Near Dark & Creepshow 2... nice volume of quality.

Just chattin' up while we wait.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-28-2017 at 03:10 PM.