View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 12:42 AM
Immortal horror fan

Superstition -

I finished up this short Syfy show. There were some good episodes and some iffy ones. Yet it was still better than the three or so seasons of Supernatural I watched before stopping that show. As Superstition was cancelled and it ends on a cliffhanger I can't really recommend it too much. It probably could have been better with more thought to the scope of the story and a bigger budget. I did like the concept for the hero and his funeral base of operations. Actually I guess it's worth a watch for horror fans.

Ash vs Evil Dead -

I concluded season 3 of Ash vs Evil Dead as well. Ash continues to have great lines throughout the series. I need to see that Xena TV show as the actress is really good in this show and was in the Spartacus TV show as well. The last two episodes are pretty epic and I wish we got to see more of the three evil creatures as they are bad ass. But I didn't like the final twist that much since it was a series finale and a teaser or cliffhanger of stuff we won't get to see. Still this is a show I'm adding to my Blu-ray list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Oh, you read about what the twist was for the first season? That's too bad. There's a lot of twists in the first season, not just one, but that last one would change the way you see the whole season.

I think they do a great job examining ethics, with one character being an ethics professor, and Kristen Bell's character does a great job being selfish in everyday life, it's really well done. Unfortunately, the 2nd season has lost it.
I kind of assumed what the twist was from the title but I still checked the wiki to see what the show was about. Originally I didn't have any intention of watching it.