View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Evil Dead

I don't see the problem. Its not directed by Ivan Reitman so it will be different. I give little or no value to youtube comments. I will try to see it in theaters no question. I am a bit bothered by the black character being 'street smart', loud, less higher education. The actor herself says she doesn't see a problem with it and that its not racist, shrug. I loved the first two Ghostbusters and I see the trailer showing the same sort of theme, but from different angles/styles of humor. I do think the trailer makes the film seem like it lacks the strength of the characters, Egon, Venkman(sp?), Ray, Louise, and Winston. The film seems to be less a piece of art than slapstick, quick one liners, and sfx akin to the most recent super hero movies. So I don't go into seeing it expecting the quality of the original two films, just the same sort of uninspired super hero films we have now. The difference being the pedigree gives it a chance of being something better than its current counterparts.

Last edited by TheBossInTheWall; 05-02-2016 at 03:14 PM.