View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Spider-Man: Homecoming or Stark Internship (2017)

May be overall not as great as Raimi's Spider-Man 2 but still quite a fun & grounded teen superhero flick for MCU. Loved Tom Holland's take on Spider-Man and Michael Keaton as Vulture. Stark's update on Spidey's new suit (Suit Lady - Karen, voiced by Jennifer Connelly) was somewhat over the top though in the middle segment.

Anyway, another solid Marvel entertainer, the 2nd best superhero flick of the year after LOGAN; by a margin, I guess but now Wonder Woman comes third, IMO.

>>: A-
I give it an A as well. Homecoming is the best Spider-Man film overall, even beating out Spider-Man 2, IMO.

Tom Holland is hands down superb and is the best live action representation of the character, bar none! Tobey Maguire was great as Peter Parker but was ok as Spider-Man.

Andrew Garfield was awesome as Spider-Man and wasn't to bad as Parker but didn't quite capture The Web Singers alter ego.

Holland portrayed both sides of The Wall Crawler to a tee. He showed PP's angst and frustration in his normal, every day life as an unpopular, nerdy kid; getting bullied constantly. But when he slapped on the costume he had SP's wit and humour down pat while still making you realize it was Peter underneath the mask. It's my favorite super-hero movie of the year.

Last edited by Lord Voldemort; 07-07-2017 at 09:50 PM.