View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 05:49 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Well...

Personally, I don't think things here are any worse or better than they've ever been. Yeah, the general forum is filled with useless nonsense, but it has always been that way. I am guilty of starting what many probably consider to be one of the stupidest and most irrelevant threads ever on HDC (Bruce Lee vs. An Angry Chimp) and that was year's ago. Threads getting hijacked goes hand in hand with forums in general so that's nothing new either, but in a general forum where talking about anything is the order of the day, who cares? If someone wants to know about a hotel or an automobile, they don't come on horror.com to find out about it, they go to an appropriate website that deals with those things. They certainly wouldn't (or shouldn't) come to Horror.com's general forum to try to find those anwers. If they wanna know about horror movies, they come here, but the film info isn't usually in the general forum anyways. That being said, I can see a crystal clear case made for deleting hijacking posts in the actual movie forums and even reprimanding or punishing offending members, I just don't see what the big deal is in the general forum. If OMCdave wants to ask a silly question, where else is he supposed to post it?

Also, I'd just like to point out that I agree with Dominion in that there is a double standard becoming clear around here and it seems based on seniority. Whether or not Dominion was ever here as a different screen name (Something he's been accused of, but I've yet to see anyone prove) should be irrelevant because he's contributing this time around and as far as I can tell, he's not trying to provoke anyone or pick fights, yet he is CONSTANTLY being degraded and insulted by a handful of members that have been here a while simply because they suspect he might be someone that was a troll in the past. In my opinion, that should not be permitted for exactly the same reasons that Bloodrayne would like to see threads stop being hijacked. Why would anyone new want to sign up here if they see new people being treated like that and accused of things with no proof? If a new person was following someone around harrassing them or just being a general dick to them, it would not be tolerated, but when it's mostly people that have been here for years, nothing is done to stop it until they get WAY out of line (like Pinkerton did.) From where I'm sitting, that's whack. Same thing goes for OMCdave. He takes more shit than he should and there's usually no good reason behind it that I can see. I'm sure some people see alot of his threads as pointless (I usually find them entertaining though.) but the simple solution for those people would be to skip any thread they see that he started, NOT go to the thread and point out how stupid or pointless they think it is. (Point of fact though, Dave has started plenty of worthwhile threads in the appropriate film forums as well.)

But like I said, what's going on here is nothing new... Anyone remember scaryminda? Not only did she make pointless posts, but they were basically illegible too, yet she was tolerated or ignored with a grain of salt despite being one of the most annoying members I can remember ever running in to on any forum ever.

Basically, I think the heart of the issue and the real problem is this.... THERE IS NO GOOD HORROR RIGHT NOW! None newly released and none coming out soon! So what do devoted horror fans and members of a horror forum do when that happens? Talk about other shit to pass the time until someone in Hollywood decides to put out a movie worth talking about. As long as it stays in the general forum, I don't see the problem... *shrug*

What I'd love to see from the people who are constantly complaining about how "this forum is going downhill" would be for them to quit crying like little bitches and do something to improve it (like make some posts they deem worthy instead of bitching about other peoples posts.) Don't fuckin' cry about it, make it better if you don't like the current state of the forum. Like I said, it doesn't seem and better or worse than it ever did to me, but if it seems worse to you, then don't complain, do something to fix it. *shrug*

As for the chatroom, ha. Have you ever gone in HDC's chat room? I have, and guess what... It's empty. Every single time I've logged in to it, I've been the only person in there. How much chatting can you do when you're sitting there by yourself?

That's my 2 cents.