View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Would a horror movie where the hero, in a time loop, who volunteers to keep dying, or likely die, in order to save her friends, make the whole thing a lot less scary? Edge of Tomorrow/Live, Die, Repeat scenario.

I don't know man. I watched the first one and it was all right for the kind of story it was, but considering the ending, I don't understand what this one is even supposed to mean. Also, how in the hell could anyone get caught in a Time Loop like that? And in the preview she says he is back implying it was a man the first time. I just get easily agitated at the way certain stories come together or are written and this doesn't mean I don't like movies that push the boundaries of reality, it just means that movies with what I would consider ridiculous Concepts and which they can't even explain are just a sign that Hollywood is putting out whatever they can, kind of like Adult Swim whether if it makes any sense or not or implying the less it makes sense the more people are going to like it, which unfortunately does apply to a good 50% of the world's population. I'm not bashing anyone who is interested in seeing it, I just find stuff like that to be quite juvenile compared to well thought-out and written movies with a cast who are good actors. I'm not saying these people aren't bad, but I'm not saying they are Screen Actors Guild Worthy either.