View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 04:29 AM
That fucking Guy...

Hm...to put it very, very short...Over a course of interviews and statements, she's kind of done her own Mel Gibson bit, but in a more passive aggressive way replacing "Jews" with "white males".

Yeah there's more specifics to it, and it's not nearly as yknow...Mel Gibson...but yeah, she's just got a bit of a dipshit of an attitude, putting unrelated things down to sexism, and seems to be one of those loudly proclaimed femenists that the real ones probably make fun of?

Personally I think she's just trying to give herself a platform of sorts or get some more attention/relevance because outside of TV she's still a relative unknown... but yeah she's just doing it the really, really wrong way.

Recently, the most fun one I've read about is that she started a gofundme or some such (yknow...you can't just spend 12,000 when you've just starred in a Marvel movie, to be sure)...so that disadvantaged young girls (that's nice, right?) can...go to see her movie. So, people - donate to these girls when the millionaire won't, so that they get to see her movie and make her more money. So altruistic.

These of course has resulted in a bit of a backlash. I'm surprised I haven't seen an actual organised petition against it just out of spite.

Me?
I don't hate her, I liked "united states of Tara". I think she's yknow...better than Kristen Stewart? but that's about it for me.
Never been against strong female characters...I mean, I came up on terminator and alien films. I had the best of them. Though, I'm just not really interested in this character, or the movie.
She's got some strong opinions. I don't like all of them.
I just really think she should consider talking through a PR agent for a bit...until she kind of gets a bit more used to her transition from the small screen. This shit is going to be damaging her rep, and the exposure she'll get purely on the fact it's a marvel film (not as though many white males see those...right...?) will really have it pour in.