View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 02:22 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
When i was in my late teens and as my kids grew up, there were shows like "Bionic Woman", "Wonder Woman", "Xena: Warrior Princess" and even "Buffy". I dont really understand the "gofundme" page for young girls to go see a "woman superhero". Wasnt that like a thirty year ago thing?
That's exactly it...she's pretentious...doesn't acknowledge this stuff, bangs on about males and the patriarchy etc and how women haven't had the chance to represent like this...like hell...even if you don't count the classics, it's not as though female heroes/superheroes haven't been done - they're behind the curve if anything.

Quote:
I've got pretty bored/burnt out on Marvel stuff recently with the exception of the Netflix shows so I'm struggling to care let alone drag my ass down to the theater to check it out. I was a bit disappointed in Venom so I'm just feeling unexcited in general... well until something like Logan hits the screen
Yeah I've stopped going to see them, but usually pick up the BluRay before too long of the ones I actually want to follow. Didn't bother with Black Panther because he's always just been a side character to me...not too interested, though I might have a look to see how the winter soldier stuff played out.
Never saw the second ant-man/wasp but I will, the first one was a refreshing break from all the forced cross over stuff.

Venom was...I didn't hate it...the creature looked the right size and sounded right, I don't think they got the Brock character right at all and while they managed to make a film that I found "entertaining enough", not having that Spider-Man connection to the origin and the pure loathing the character has...all that hate and anger that made him a superlative villain before his retribution/anti-hero arc. Huge chunk to cut out.
That and...symbiote vs symbiote? Visually that was a bit boring, with neither used being really creative.
I thought for "what it was", it was ok. For what it was.

I appreciated the style of Logan, but in my mind they've yet to make a GOOD Wolverine movie. God knows they've got enough good storylines to work with.

Quote:
But yeah some faux feminism was to be expected really. Just like Black Panther was bound to spark debates on race. Privileged rich white people addressing issues of oppression is always pretty laughable and tiresome for the most part especially if it's for promoting their brand.
Yep. Tiresome, pointless and annoying...if you can't draw girls/women into your film on non agenda based interest...then you can't...the whole thing just looks more embarrassing than anything.

So the latest...

Apparently, Disney is now considering shutting down Marvel comics?
Coincidental timing?
Trying to threaten/punish all these "white trolls" that have spoken out against the shitty behaviour of your talent that's losing you money?

I guess, if that happens - Anyone holding on to some of them might be a happier collector than they thought they were going to be.

Ridiculous bullshit.
Stop making bad calls on actors that run their mouth so much.
Stop doing shit like "we have our own channel coming out, lets ruin and cancel all our netflix series that people actually like".
Stop over-merching the fuck out of all your licenses so you end up with nothing but t-shirts in bargain bins
...you know, there's a few things you could do aside from axing comics.

I mean seriously, I don't think it'll happen...but can you imagine?
Within a year of Stan Lee's death no less.
No more comics from Marvel?
Do they forget that any kind of interest in any of Marvels other "money makers" wouldn't be there, if not for this?
All print media is losing money...which is why you do things like digital subscriptions...but ffs keep the print for those that agree to paying fucking $7-8 for a comic so they can hold onto something real.

Honestly, if this happens because of the fallout/lost profit for Captain Marvel?
Between that, the netflix bullshit (eg, some of the best on screen marvel stuff EVER getting pissed away), between their shitty Star Wars effort/s, and coercing sites like Rotten Tomatoes for favourable treatment...I'm just done with Disney, and all things Disney/Marvel in the future.
I will still watch if something actually interests me, but I will pirate EVERYTHING.

Also...fuck rotten tomatoes...bunch of sellout fuckrags.
At least when IMDB lost their message boards (though I think they should have just IP banned trolls...) they still had a good product left behind, and a great information resource.
Audience scores and the "want to see" ratings were a big part of RT.
Now half of that is gone - because of THIS shit?
What next? No audience scores at all?
Just a speakerbox for Disney and whoever throws money at them?

I'm done with RT, and I would suggest the same for everyone.