View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:45 AM
Evil Dead

DARK SHADOWS (2012) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Loved the TV series when little-it also got Me interested in all Supernatural areas. After watching the whole run (after Barnabas arrives) over four years recently, Goodness knows there are LOTS of dead spots and big servings of Corn and Ham. But it had its own quirky charm and I feel it's aged pretty well for a 50 something year Low budget serial.

Had high expectations for this as knew Burton and Depp were big fans. I can't complain at all about the exteriors, approve of how Johnny all but nails Barnabas's twitchiness and rocking score (especially the Alice Cooper spots and "Sick of You " by Iggy and The Stooges)

I can complain about the totally wretched script...there are some amusing lines (especially about Alice Cooper), but it tries too hard to be "Hip" and the reveal about Carolyn is stupid. Way too much sex in here and I just lost all hope when Julia gives Barnabas the Blow Job in her office...what were they thinking? Such a wasted opportunity! Not even NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS was this bad. *1/2