View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 08:03 PM
Undead

No offense, but that is the biggest bunch of horseshit I have read on here. You mean to tell me that there are some people on here who feel that TCM was real???? I am laughing my ass off. At the beginning of TCM there is a screen scroll that claims in 1973 this story happened.....guess what ....the movie was made in 73.

I still stand behind what I said before. "Inspired by" means that someone heard a story and decided to use one or one-thousand of the parts. This is not up for debate. It is a fact....plain and simple. I don't mean to be rude here, but what you're saying is asinine.

Plus you cannot , I repeat, CANNOT say that "they missed" anything. Tobe Hooper heard the story of Ed Gein from some of his relatives that lived near the city in Wisconsin where Gein lived. That story "inspired" him to write TCM. That is why it is "Inspired by".

I guess to you War of the Worlds was probably a terrible idea also. Your argument is not about wether or not the movie was good but that you feel you were mislead about it's trueness.
Way to go! You just proved reviews are not worth shit. Go see it for yourself.