View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 12:17 AM
That fucking Guy...

Gah Oh my God I'm gonna have to actually play forum dad...

I just saw some of the pictures and conversation.

I wanted to step in and say, don't make your perception/attractiveness to others be your driving factor in getting fit, losing weight, making changes.
This is gonna sound like a line but honestly - if you focus on getting yourself fit and above all HEALTHY you'll live better, you'll move better, you'll be stronger and the stuff that kind of happens on auto pilot inside your head when this is all taking place...that will make changes to your personality, how you carry yourself, confidence levels etc.

I'm married. let myself go a lot, for a long time...right now I have a shitload of weight I need to drop...and I know how hard it seems...though I also know how easy it actually is. I've knocked off weight before, and trust me...most of it is the psychological battle you wage against "lazy you", which is a big part of us all.

You just need to be patient. Don't hop on the scales all the time. Don't worry about the numbers, the times, anything like that - just worry about the things you have to do.

Eat right. Cut the shit you know you shouldn't eat/drink by at least 80%. Super fatty, deep fried foods. Foods that are high in sugar. Night snacks (after dinner just keep it light...if you eat while bored - take a walk) and lots of bread and/or processed food are bad things.
Keep it fresh.
Introduce fish to your diet. Eat salad even if you don't like it.
Don't kill your vegetables - just give them a steam or a blanch.
Learn how to make some seasoning mixes and dressings.

I've been making some changes with the wife over the last week...she's been smashing it...I'm actually on day today 1 of re-attending gym (later tonight) and the "full" diet.
Nutella had to go. Takeaway food. Chocolate. Biscuits/cookies. Ice Cream. Soda. Definitely soda. Gah. Save more money on this shit than I'm spending on gym.

You guys can do it...and it's way easier physically than it is mentally...you just need to retrain how you think when it comes to this stuff. Many people do.
Just make sure the number one person you do it for is you (and yknow maybe your future generations). The physical stuff becomes habitual. Just get yourself to do it. Once you've started it's easy.

Good luck. We're in this together.