View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Oooh, a challenge like this would be perfect! Lucky Ogres!

Now, this is a sidenote for which I thought it wasn't worth reviving the original Idol thread.

Neverending, I recall a remake challenge last year where I suggested a Jaws remake (not that I agreed with it, and I wouldn't pick that film again in a million years. It was a bad choice) HOWEVER, what I did suggest was Bill Pullman for the part of Quint. You weren't sure about that casting and instead suggested Harvey Keitel. Now, that was an equally fine choice, and I do not say this out of bitterness, just that I feel it is relevant. If EVER there were proof that Bill Pullman is a fine, under appreciated actor capable of playing an excellent variety of characters, it is Torchwood: Miracle Day.

Not sure how big it was in the US, but I've always loved Torchwood, and I know this new series was shown on a channel called Starz. Pullman plays a character who is the definition of unsettling. Slight twitches and mannerisms allow you to fear and despise him without him even uttering a word. Again, this is not a "FUCK YOU, NEV, I WAS RIGHT". (I'm petty, but not THAT petty :D ) Just that I felt Pullman needed a big-up ;)