View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 06:55 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
Of course you don't like Freddy Krueger! He's the villain. What, did you think he was the hero?

I remember reading the book The Dead Zone. In the first chapter, Stephen King oh-so-subtly hints to us that Greg Stillson might be a bad person by having him kick a dog to death. I don't think that was in the movie.

My friend Victor can do that line from the movie, with good voice:

"Gentlemen, the missiles are flyin'! Halleluja!"
That line's from the movie The Dead Zone? I don't remember that. I don't remember missiles. Actually, I know The Dead Zone was a very popular film, but I didn't really like it. I probably saw it too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I normally like villains a lot more than I do heroes.

But even I have to draw the line at some of the evil things they can do.
Did the Elm series indicate he was a pedophile? I don't remember that. I know there was some made-for-tv movie that gave his origin story in more detail: a nun got locked in an insane asylum for the criminally insane and got raped by all the inmates and the baby was Freddy. It's silly they stressed "all the inmates" as if multiple sperm can fertilize an egg. Anyway, as far as I can remember, Freddy doesn't kill any prepubescent person in the films, so I think that concept is out the window.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-17-2018 at 07:02 PM.