View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 01:20 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
STAR TREK DISCOVERY.

I'm sorry but did anyone fucking NOT love this episode?
Cements which "universe" this show takes place in (original timeline, cool), and just...it's giving Pike a chance to shine, which aside from short spurts, he's never really had before...and Anson Mount is cast perfectly in my mind.

The actual "previously on Star Trek" footage of the original pilot "The Cage" put a huge grin on my face...and going back to Talos IV...wow.
Anyone who knows their ST knows "what happens in the end" with Pike and Talos IV which is probably one of the nicest and most well done write-offs of a fucked over character in history - but to see the trio and Vena again, was very cool.

...and of course, the inevitable clash between Tyler (which in my mind is one of the most interesting characters in Star Trek history) and the "reborn" Culber didn't disappoint - in fact, the little guy got his fucking shots in, didn't he?
Then in the end, to see how just...lost...both of the characters are in their own skin...kinda sad...but yeah, very well played out scene.

I'm a little tired of seeing how many "Star Trek purists" attack this show...yet something like Enterprise was embraced...it's like, I'm just happy to have Star Trek on tv again. So many nitpickers.
Love the story line going back to Talos4. I was hoping they'd stick with the unisex look of the original Talosians, where you'd had hard time determining if the actors were male or female. The pilot was a fine episode; but I don't remember how it ends. Ill enjoy watching the ep again.

Was well done fight scene. Nice to see a Pet Semetary breakdown. I just assume the doc wants out or off the ship. I remember the actor from My So Called Life. Good actor, but more than not liking the character, the storyline has bored and annoyed me.